[TYPO3-core] contrib/json.php vs PHP json_encode

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Sep 5 10:33:34 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> In t3lib_div.php there is now a array2json() that makes use of a
> JSON-class. How does this class compare to PHP 5.2's json_encode?
>
> Maybe we can add some helper code for PHP 5.0 and 5.1 that load this
> class only when json_encode is not present. We did something like that
> for clone().

I read comparison on the net once. PHP's own json_encode has very strict
rules and it is the most strict among other frameworks. Even browsers
are not so strict. It supports only utf-8. I remember the other
framework was recommended instead of PHP's own. The only thing where
PHP's json won was time spent for encoding.

Check this, for example:
http://gggeek.altervista.org/sw/article_20061113.html

--
Dmitry Dulepov