[TYPO3-core] Fw: RFC: Bug 689: Domain Record with umlaut Domains not working

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Sep 3 11:26:28 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> I'm curious how the performance will increase. I found (and lost the
> URL) where it has been claimed that a rootline query will not imprive
> with a nested set, but a branch select will. This will IMHO improve many
> scripts that now operate on a list of uids, which in fact are uids of a
> branch.

I did not profile it myself yet. But currently finding rootline involves
as many queries as much deep the page stays. If it is 5 levels deep,
there will be 5 queries (or so). With nested sets it will be one query
always (if no mountpoints or WS previews).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/