[TYPO3-core] Fw: RFC: Bug 689: Domain Record with umlaut Domains not working

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Sep 3 09:57:05 CEST 2007

Hi!

Michael Stucki wrote:
> The reason for coming up with this idea is my aim to have as few SQL queries
> as possible for a cached FE website.

Hm-m-m-m-m. May be we can find yet another way... I will try to find
time to spend two-three days for profiling FE with Zend IDE. It is
really good in profiling and it can quickly find where it takes most
time. I was really surprised to find how much t3lib_div::loadTCA() took
previously because of multilevel arrays. With references it was several
times faster.

> I noticed that TYPO3 makes a lookup for every request to see if there is a
> sys_domain entry for this host, but it could be saved easily if sys_domains
> are not used at all. One idea to improve this situation is to add a new
> configuration variable, another idea is to move the functionality into a
> separate extension.

Another good thing that we can do for 4.2 from preformance view is to
add nested sets support for pages. This will allow to get the rootline
with a single sql query instead of as many as many levels page in. This
should help a lot. But I need to see how good it will be with workspaces
and how mountpoints can work with it.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
Web: http://typo3bloke.net/