[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #6456: IRRE - Palettes are not rendered correctly on nesting records using the same table

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Oct 30 17:53:22 CET 2007

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:

> You mean $tceforms->palettesRendered is a private class variable, right?

No (couldn't be in PHP4)

> Well, I think it should just be mentioned in a comment close to the
> declaration of var $palettesRendered that it's accessed from IRRE and
> therefore kind of public.

Why has every property or method to be public (in a broad sense, not
stricly OO speak). I think that our problem with "compatibility" is that
every tiny peace of code is "part of the API" and therefore unchangable.

We should really try to add new stuff as private/protected in 4.2 and think
twice befor we change it to public.

Masi