[TYPO3-core] RFC: Make the "Doc" module a sysext

Christian Kuhn lollingola at lollingola.de
Mon Oct 29 12:48:58 CET 2007

Hi Benni,

Benjamin Mack wrote:
>> There is a UserTSconfig option.disableDocModuleInAB to disable the
>> "old" Doc-Module. This is imho obsolete with your patch and should be
>> removed from typo3/class.alt_menu_functions.inc and from
>> doc_core_tsconfig Documentation.
> I don't think it's obsolete (I also took care of make this option still
> working in the new doc sysext), because with that option you can disable
> it for one user but leave it there for another user.

If I set this option the new Extension still appears in the menu, while
without the patch the old "doc" module did not show. Because of this I
had the idea that disableDocModuleInAB is obsolete in the first place.

> OK, but what I do NOT get is (while writing the above): Why having a
> UserTSConfig option for this? I mean, can't you do this with the User
> Rights System in the User Admin?

I totally agree. I do not see a reason for this option if this can be
solved with the Rights System like for every other module.

> Anyway, yeah, we'll take care of this when the new doc module is sent to
> core, could you open up a new bug report for this in the BT?

Yep, I'll do.

Greetings
Christian