[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug / Feature #5838: Get cli_dispatch.phpsh to work on windows platforms

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Oct 29 12:20:33 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Andreas Otto wrote:
>> don't make it too complicated.
>>
>> Both szenarios, Christians and mine, have been tested on different
>> windows
>> systems and they work.
>
> How does it work if there is no $_SERVER['PWD']?

The conditions simply fail when a relative path is used. It's a bit sloopy
because he code doesn't handle this explicitely, but no actual harm is
done. Currently there exists no solution that enables relative paths on
Windows.

What is extremly tiring is that only a small change (slightly dirty) is
needed to make absolute paths work on Windows and we have started yet
anoter endless thread about it (mostly questions and nitpickings). And when
I bother to make it more clean, I'm told not to make it complicated. Hmpf.
But nice that Andreas couldn't be bothered to acknowledge the correctness
of my code, which isn't so hard to read. In fact I think it's easier to
understand than those "silent failure on Windows" hacks.

Masi