[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6046 requestUpdate does not work on selectboxes (group-fields)

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Mon Oct 29 12:05:31 CET 2007

Hi Stephan,

Stephan Petzl wrote:
> i would not prefer this way. because when you have to add more then one
> record to the group field you have to switch between windows:
>
> 1.) open objectbrowser
> 2.) add record
> 3.) switch to main window, klick cancel
> 4.) switch to browser (now in the background) add another record
> 3.) switch to main window, klick cancel
> 4.) switch to browser (now in the background) add another record
>
> what do you think about that?

OK, what about executing the
   p.setTimeout(\'if(confirm(window.T .... ) ...
only when closing the object browser (plus records have been added while
in the object browser)?

And also, I'm just wondering why we need to specifically deal with the
"alert" part of $PA['fieldChangeFunc']['alert'], can't we just execute
the whole imploded 'fieldChangeFunc' bunch from the opening TCEForms window?

I mean something along the lines of (warning, pseudo code only):
    p = parent.window.opener;
    p.setTimeout(\'window.TBE_EDITOR.'.$theFormField.'.onChange()\', 10);

That way not only the requestUpdate functionality would be called but
everything that TCEForm wants to do on a change of the form field value.

cheers
Ingmar