[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix Bug 6428 - strtoupper doesn't work with turkish i

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Oct 29 10:02:27 CET 2007

Helmut Hummel schrieb:

> To the first problem (what this RFC is all about):
>
> I think Steffens patch is almost a nobrainer, since it does not make any
> sense to write $tmplContent['title'] in source, just to use the (more or
> less) "buggy" strtoupper function to make the array index uppercase
> afterwards.

You're right, the code seen in the diff makes little sense.

My only concern is that any extension that uses the API or hooks or
XCLASSes will be affected if the strtoupper is removed. OTOH this is easy
to fix in that extensions. Still this a change in behaviours, so I'd change
in 4.1 the case of the original array entries, but retain the strtoupper().
In 4.2 we can remove that call.

Masi