[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix Bug 6428 - strtoupper doesn't work with turkish i

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Mon Oct 29 09:29:53 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> You code removes a strictly speaking unnecessary strtoupper() when
>> creating the marker array. Is it possible for a hook to add contents
>> to that array? If so it must be defined that the values are supposed
>> to be in uuper case, which is a change in the behaviour. Otherwise the
>> patch is probably correct.
>>
>> But note that the whole templating system of TYPO3 has such a magic
>> uppercasing feature for template markers. If you want to fix that too
>> you must switch to the locale C before doing strtoupper() and
>> switching back (other solution is tr/a..z/A..Z/).
>
> Any idea why don't we use t3lib_cs there for upper-casing?

You mean the normal casing functions of t3lib_cs? While they do not take
the locale into account, I consider this as a bug *. This could change in
the future.

But I don't mind if we add the toUpperASCII to t3lib_cs and not to
t3lib_div as has been suggested.

Masi

* It is a bug because now for Turkish the I's don't work as they should.