[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix Bug 6428 - strtoupper doesn't work with turkish i

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Mon Oct 29 08:46:33 CET 2007

Ingo Renner a écrit :

> Well to me it seems that Steffen - or who ever found that issue -  used
> the markers in lowercase in the templates (###some_marker_with_i###)
> which then gets transformed (strtoupper) to the wrong character.
> In fact I guess this could be solved by simply using the markers in the
> right way (###SOME_MARKER_WITH_I###). The uppercase I is already
> uppercase and thus I suspect it won't change.
>
> If that is the case I don't see why we should support that lazyness and
> spent time on it.

This is still needed also for other extensions. The code contains a loop
about all fields of a table. The fields are all lower case characters.
The markers for them however are in upper case. The markers are all in
English of course, but when the strtoupper function is used this does
not help. So we need an alternative method for strtoupper.

- Franz