[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix Bug #4832 - Patch for ter_update_check into EM

Christian Kuhn lollingola at lollingola.de
Sun Oct 28 18:05:00 CET 2007

Hi Benni,

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> sorry, I gave the wrong credits in the comments for the patch. Attached
> is the right version.
>
>> This is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Feature
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4832
>>
>> Branches: Trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> If you want to load newer version from the TER you need a list of
>> updated installed extensions.
>>
>> Solution:
>> A new option in the extension manager dropdown. This basically is the
>> functionality of Christian Welzel's great "ter_update_check" extension.
>> He also created a patch with the functionality (except the CLI part),
>> I took it and cleaned it to have it ready according to the Coding
>> Guidelines.

I found a minor issue when the order of the md5-sum array changes
between versions, but the sums stay the same, please take a look to my
BT comment.

I hacked the patch and added a ksort to the arrays and renamed the
variables to hopefully more meaningful names.

Apart from this +1 after reading and testing. Its great to see this
extension in the core.

Greetings
Christian