[TYPO3-core] RFC: initial cleaner backend

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Fri Oct 26 17:47:15 CEST 2007

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> I do not really like those screenshots. I do not understane them. Menu
> is there,page tree is there but while rest occupies only part of the
> screen and has unused space around? How will this improve BE?

That's OK, because Ingo's patches at this state only change the HTML
markup of the backend to be more styleable, which means:
Getting rid of most of the frames we used to have (top frame, menu frame
and bottom frame are all moved to be normal <div> content in
backend.php) and only keep the content frame as an iframe. This makes it
possibly to style the backend in virtually any way, and what you're
seeing in the screenshots is just one possible example.

So: Let's discuss the HTML markup of the new backend.php here in the
core list and move the discussion about what it will actually look like
in the end to the HCI list.

cheers
Ingmar

--