[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #6473: Extend render userFuncs by TS field property

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Thu Oct 25 10:20:08 CEST 2007

Hi Ernesto,

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> my ideas about that would be:
>
> * function render_bullets: I wonder why this wasn't done in pure
> TypoScript from start? There doesn't seem to be any "magic" involved.
> Just splitting a field by lines, wrapping something around each line
> (<li>|</li>) and then wrapping something around the whole result
> (<ul>|</ul>). Any problems in moving that stuff to Typoscript?

The reason at that time was to get rid of too complicated TS based
content rendering. Compare the old "content(default)" to
css_styled_content and you get the idea how refreshingly easy to
understand css_styled_content is.

Note that I'm not arguing against moving render_bullets() into TypoScript.

> * function render_table seems to be a good candidate for a content
> object "TABLE" (function TABLE() in class.tslib_content.php).
>
> * function render_upload can also be used as a cObject called "FILES"

...but always keep in mind not to get too complicated with TS.

cheers
Ingmar

--
Ingmar Schlecht