[TYPO3-core] Problem in all Typo3 release after GD Update (PATCH included)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Oct 24 15:37:13 CEST 2007

Sim schrieb:
> Hi!
> After recently server update, it is impossible to install typo3, the
> install tool seems to be locked in an infinite loop.
> I have increased php error log level and observe logfiles without any
> bad output.
>
> Here you can see all thread: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6307

I think it's dangerous to change stuff like that just because one distro
has problems. Currently we do not rely on imagecreatetruecolor (we check at
least the GD version). So the patch is not possible like that for 4.1.x

I don't know the exact context, but it has to be seen if
imagecreatetruecolor makes a difference to imagecreate, besides "solving"
your issue. *

Masi

* During an upgrade from 3.8 to 4.1 a HMENU didn't look like it used to. I
was forced to get the HMENU to render withhout imagecreatetruecolor to make
the PNGs look the same.