[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #1697: Datetime input fields and timezone shift bug

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Oct 24 14:12:29 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Ingo Renner schrieb:
>> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>
>> Hi Masi,
>>
>>> And keep in mind it's only the server we know all about. Using the TZ
>>> for storing of the user is not an option. We can display any TZ we
>>> want for the users convenience.
>>
>> sure, that's what I'm saying =)
>> store in server TZ, show in user TZ.
>
> Why did it takes us so long to get there?

ok then what we now need is:

* another patch adding a setting/configuration for the user's timezone.
either detecting it automatically on login or setting it under
user->setup or using userTS.

* a patch that adjusts the display of time data in the BE according to
the differnz between server TZ and user TZ (showing the time data in
user TZ) (could be incorporated with the patch for #1697)

I'm then fine with giving my +1 as the existing 1697 patch seems to work.

all the best
Ingo