[TYPO3-core] RFC: #0006579: Make htmlArea RTE extensible

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Wed Oct 24 12:35:58 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
> Hi Masi,
>
>> Do we really have to follow 5.0's convention now? I mean, we have all
>> kind of $foobarObj and stuff in the Core. Does that really matter?
>
> This is not 5.0 specific although they're doing it that way. It's just
> good/better coding practice/style. It helps reading and understanding -
> especially foreign - code. I want to open a file and understand what's
> going on. Nothing more, nothing less.

Me too. But some of the lines you questioned are in line with the current
Core code. And of course it is a matter of taste, if I object abbreviations
like "obj" and "cfg" for "object" or "configuration". I don't mind them as
long they are common abbreviations, while I dislike names that are more
than 20 characters long jusr to make them super-duper speaking.

Masi