[TYPO3-core] RFC: bug#1575 Page-Title maxlength > database-field tinytext

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Oct 23 13:41:26 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>
>>> I think we shouldn't do that for the page title as we would loose the
>>> fulltext index then ...
>>
>> Why?
>
> think about searching (fast searching)

My point is that TYPO3 doesn't use a Mysql fulltext index, it uses if
anything standard indices. To my knowledge the page title isn't even part
of any index right now.

FYI: a Mysql full text index requires a special SQL query clause as well
(which is not supported by TYPO3). So you gain nothing by TINYTEXT in
comparison to VARCHAR in a TYPO3 contect (unless you write an extension).

Masi