[TYPO3-core] IRRE implementation bugs

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Oct 21 22:08:28 CEST 2007

Kasper Skårhøj schrieb:

> ah... whatever. The point is that you can never know how people want to
> use your technology and IRRE shouldn't impose judgements on that either.

But don't we do this all along? Sometimes it turns out your code can be
used in some other way you initially intended. Sometimes this other ways
are not so good. I recall that there were discussion if IRRE was to
support M:M relationships. AFAIK the creators always pointed out that it
doesn't (only 1:M) and doesn't support versioning (or was it workspaces?).

So what to do now? Of course it'd be nice if IRRE was about M:M, but is
it worth the hassle to allow it? IMHO it'd be better to make IRRE (1:M)
worj correctly with workspaces than to make it M:M.

Masi