[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #6548 - FE: "Preview" Label is not styleable

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Sun Oct 21 16:25:02 CEST 2007

Hey Tapio,

I can agree with changing the position to "absolute". BUT:

a) We need to add default styles, and we can only do this through
inlinestyles without making too much noise about this small thing (since
we'd need to add it to the default stylesheet but the previewInfo is
called after the main part of FE rendering AFAIK). No styles would make
default installations look bad completely, so this is a no-go.
Hey, if you find a better solution, just add a patch to the BT issue.
For me this was just a small itch to scratch.

b) Everybody who wants to style it for herself can use the added ID with
the !important statement. That should be waaay better than the solution
we have right now.

c) position: fixed / position: absolute does not break the layout more
than the existing solution (that is: it only adds a table at the bottom
of the page).

greetings,
benni.
-SDG-