[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #1697: Datetime input fields and timezone shift bug

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Sun Oct 21 00:34:29 CEST 2007

"Martin Kutschker" <martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1192913786.32124.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> "Ingo Renner" <ingo at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> news:mailman.1.1192881462.27423.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...

>>> What's the intended behavior?
>>>
>>> Ingo
>>>

>> Hi Ingo,
>>
>> intended behavior is date/time entering without client calculating of
>> local time. Best would be to have all date/time-values in UTC to decide
>> which local time to be displayed..
>> Best example is a calendar, where entries are made from different
>> timezones. So the JS is calculating the time with the client local time.
>
> I don't understand. The time displayed should be in the clients local
> time. OTOH the time stored should be independent from the clients time
> zone. Currently it is stored in the servers time zone, while UTC would
> have been a better choice.
>
> So what does the patch?
>
> Masi

Hi Masi,

the main point is this:
- change php time generation mktime => gmmktime to init with server setting
- in JS evaluating with UTC using the timezone offset

so evaluating in BE date / datetime fields are independent from client
timezone (because JS is executed in client browser) and uses server
timezone.

vg  Steffen