[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6555 typoscript template.relPathPrefix causes decoding of html-entities in affected attributes

Martin Ficzel martin.ficzel at gmx.de
Fri Oct 19 14:49:42 CEST 2007

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6555

Branches:
4.2

Problem:

If relPathPrefix is set the Typoscript Object TEMPLATE will decode all htmlspecialchars in
affected attributes.

For writing valid xhtml code you have to mask all entities in attributes. If the decode is
done the validator will complain about unmasked entities.

I personally sumbled over this by setting a link like this in the template file.

Solution:

The method t3lib_parsehtml::prefixResourcePath is calling
t3lib_parsehtml::get_tag_attributes($v,1) in line 866. That will enable the decoding of
all htmlentities. By setting the second parameter to false the decoding is stopped.

Notes:

I'm not shure weather this patch has side effects. Maybe a core developer who knows the
parsehtml class well can answer this. I doubt that the current behavior is intended
because without relPathPrefix the TEMPLATE Method will leave all entities untouched.

Regards Martin