[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #4382: No scrollbars in click-to-enlarge

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Thu Oct 18 11:52:01 CEST 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote: on 16.10.2007 17:11:

> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Branch: trunk, 4.1
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4382
>
> Problem: happens when image has enlarge-on-click and large image is
> larger than popup window. Scrollbars will not be shown and user will
> think that enlarged image is cut. This situation is not imagined but
> this is what one customer told me today by phone - accused me of cutting
> his images :)
>
> Solution: add scrollbars=1 to window.open parameters. This will show
> scrollbars only if it is necessary. I think solution is pretty obvious
> and safe. I cannot imagine why it cannot be comitted very soon ;)

It will render scrollbars in many situations where it wasn't there
before. E.g. if you have set
tt_content.image.20.1.imageLinkWrap.JSwindow.expand = 17,20
like it used to be (in compatVersion before 3.9) this will now render a
scrollbar on every click-enlarged image.

As far as I can see your change will also generate scrollbars on every
click-enlarge in IE. Have you tested that in IE?

I would prefer to have this configurable (as the bug reporter
suggested). If we find a solution for that to work in IE (no scrollbars
when the image fits) we could then even make the scrollbars=1 as a
default in future compat_version's.

So -1 for now.

Cheers,
Ernesto