[TYPO3-core] TCEform improvements

Kasper Skårhøj kasper2007 at typo3.com
Wed Oct 17 10:10:54 CEST 2007

>> - The buttons to save, close etc. is always floating in the top of
>> the viewport.
>> Point is that the buttons are available at all times. Other ways
>> to do this is
>> fine with me.
>
> I'm pretty much -1 to such floating stuff. To me this feels some
> kind of
> toy-ish - witch TYPO3 isn't at all.

Fair enough, it's more about the concept of always having the buttons
at hand for the editor. I think that is an indisputable usability
enhancement. The good thing is that Jens Hoffman seems to have made
some concepts for the exact same in his holidays and they look not
toy-ish at all :-)

At this point I'm trying to work more on the technical concepts and
will try to work with Jens and Benny on the HTML implementation.

When is feature freeze planned for ?

- kasper