[TYPO3-core] RFC: Refactored clickmenu to speed up the BE

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Oct 16 18:36:50 CEST 2007

Hi Dmitry & others,

> Benjamin Mack wrote:
>> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Could not apply this patch to revision from trunk :( Current SVN
> revision is 2504 but patch made over 2233, which is nearly 300 revisions
> old. Patch failed to modify css and js files (template.php patched ok).
> I suggest that you update to recent svn version and repost the patch
> with new file included in it.

You're basically right that patches should apply against the HEAD of the
affected branch. However, this patch still can be tested:

$ svn up -r2233
$ patch --dry-run -p0 < clickmenu.diff
$ patch -p0 < clickmenu.diff
$ svn up

Subversion will automagically merge these changes depending on the history
changes that were made between r2233 and the current one.
Subversion is really powerful, you just need to use its features!

Attached is the updated (merged) patch for the current HEAD revision of
Trunk.

@Benni: I briefly looked over the code and tested it in Firefox, Konqueror
and Opera. The code looks well (except that the license header contains a
wrong path information - t3lib instead of typo3).

In my opinion, this patch can only be tested thoroughly enough if it gets
into TYPO3 4.2alpha2. So +1 for applying it!

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out