[TYPO3-core] RFC: Fix bug #6533: Wrong naming of version number levels

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Oct 16 15:39:14 CEST 2007

Hi Martin,

> > Additional labels which currently exist but should be removed:
> > - Override this development version (<version>)
> > - This version: <version>
>
> I sometimes set my version numbers manually (eg because I distribute a
> version on my own servers before I upload them). So I don't want to see the
> "use currect (ie local) version number" option go away.

OK, so I would leave the 2nd option but remove the 1st one from above. Is that
ok for you?

(Still I find dangerous to offer such a functionality: Some people simply
overwrite existing versions with updates which not only contain bugfxies but
even new features! If we keep the option to specify a version explicitely,
this option will stay valid. So probably you should try to find a different
solution for the problem above...)

- michael