[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6506: Autocomplete off for Login form

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sat Oct 13 00:16:36 CEST 2007

Hi Bernhard,

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> ============
> When logging in, into the T3 Backend using the normal login-formular.
> The "autocomplete" feature of most browsers is active for the "Username"
> field.
>
> If you log into a T3 account from a shared computer (like in i-net
> cafe's or similar) the username will get stored in the browsers cache.

I think there is no reason to switch off autocomplete here. Internet
Cafés should be cleaning session data properly and if they don't, the
username alone isn't worth much anyway. If, however, the person chose to
store the password in the browser he has obviously chosen that
consciously and should be able to do so.

-1

> Question: Shall we still attach patches to the mails - even after the
> result of the voting ?

Yes of course. It makes it much more handy to review patches, especially
when offline.

cheers
Ingmar