[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix/Feature #5779

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Oct 11 17:29:28 CEST 2007

Martin Kutschker wrote:
 > Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
 >> #4955: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=4955
 >> This bug was introduced by Masi when he moved some code out into
 >> a method of its own. (getQueryArguments) ... Since then language
 >> menus do not work properly.
 >
 > IIRC I added the addQueryArguments to HMENU which lacked that property
 > completely. And as you can see in the bug report there exists a simple
 > workaround. As it seems nobody on this list objected the submit I ask
 > kindly to stop blaming on this list. I apologize for introducing a flawed
 > feature, but feel that this sort of reminder is impolite and unnecessary.

Sorry !

I think you misunderstood me ! I did not want to flame anyone nor did I mean any offence !
Sorry. I just should have statet that this bug "was introduced in 4.1" and leave away any
names. Wrote to quickly.

In fact the suggested simple workaround will not work - because the mentioned / changed if
condition will never get reached if "exclude" is not set (have a look again at the method)
at the top of the method is a line:

if !($conf['exclude']||$forceArgs))	return '&'.t3lib_div::getIndpEnv('QUERY_STRING');

which will return immediately when $conf['exclude'] is not set (even if $forceArgs is)

in the case of a language menu exclude is not set - but forceArgs is - it tries to set the
L parameter to the correct value.

PS: Sorry if this mail arrives twice - my mail client is workin improperly again :(

greets,
Bernhard