[TYPO3-core] use php5 for new code

Thorsten Kahler thorsten.kahler at dkd.de
Wed Oct 10 17:38:38 CEST 2007

Ingo Renner wrote on 10.10.2007 16:56:
> With this I'd also ask for your opinion about exception handling...
> With one of my next patches I'd like to introduce exception classes.
>
> How should they be named and where shall we put them?
>
> How about this f.e.?
> t3lib/class.t3lib_invalidargumentexception.php

I'd prefer to use the exception classes [1] of SPL [2] as a base. Since PHP
5 SPL is a default exension so we can expect these classes to exist on
nearly every installation.

Surely there's a demand for additional / special exception classes for TYPO3
but IMO these should be founded on a well-known and widely used base.

Regards
Thorsten

[1] http://www.php.net/~helly/php/ext/spl/classException.html
[2] http://php.net/manual/en/ref.spl.php