[TYPO3-core] RFC: TCEForms -- Group Field with one option does not have to be selected

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Tue Oct 9 14:22:52 CEST 2007

Hey Dmitry,

sorry, didn't want to miss your comments out on the patch. I thought
it was a trivial change anyway...

OK, so how should we proceed? I'm rather against an additional TSconfig.

People also (should) know that if you click on the "X" that it's not
deleted / saved. Only if you save the document afterwards. So, obviously
it's just one needless click more.

Also, with autoSizeMax=3 the old behaviour would exist for you anyway... ;-)

But the main problem we have is this: Although we use the same function
/ render item for the "max-one-item-group" and for the default group
item (and it is rendered by the select box as well), the two things
represent something else, and 95% of the users don't even know that the
"one-liner" is a select field anyway, so we should distinct better here.
Maybe we find a better solution.

Dmitry, should I revert my changes?

greetings,
benni.