[TYPO3-core] FYI: added backend search to backend.php, some issues remain, please help!

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri Nov 30 09:15:15 CET 2007

Hi *,

here's the next step in the cleaner backend project:

* added a JS function to position the drop down menu below their icons
in the toolbar (currently affecting clear cache and the new search).

* search toolbar item added - for now this one resamples the search from
the shortcut frame only. To achieve this I used the functionality from
alt_shortcut.php by making it available through AJAX, the affected code
has been marked with <beta-code> tags. As I mainly need to focus on my
master thesis now it will probably stay like that for the final 4.2
release. Nevertheless the toolbar is extensible from extension already -
yes you can add your own items to the toolbar! - thus it is possible to
deliver a way more powerful search like shown in Jens' mock ups as an
extension after the 4.2 release and replacing the core search. I hope to
come up with that one after I finish my thesis in February (unless
someone else is faster than me). That advanced search can then be
integrated into core or as a sysext in 4.3.

Known issues (please help to resolve them):
* everything works flawlessly in FF2, S3, IE7
* IE6 has layout issues since the username and logout buttons have been
moved to the toolbar - please see my previous thread where I sent a FYI
about that move, the reason for the layout issue has been figured out
already by Ernesto and me, we only need a solution. Apart from the
layout issues it also functions in IE6
* Opera 9.2 doesn't show the drop downs anymore - any help is highly
needed, appreciated, and welcome!

the committed changes are attached as a patch

all the best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner