[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug 6625: Cleaner Backend: alt_doc.php Part 1

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Thu Nov 29 14:47:44 CET 2007

Hey Karsten,

Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
>> can we get rid of the save/close/etc buttons in the bottom as well?
>
> +1, as the new ones stay in place anyway, which is great(!).
We're glad you like it. I am planning on removing them soon, first I
want to commit the other two patches (remove RTE checkbox etc.). This is
all part of the big alt_doc.php cleanup.

> Yes, but there is one thing I really dislike: the close button is on the
> right[1], but all the save/save+view/save+close buttons are on the left.
> I *hate* this.
>
> If there has been a discussion about where to place them here in the
> list, just tell me the subject line and I'll read up on it. Until I
> heard some good arguments I simply cannot see the usefulness of this -
> it means traveling with the mouse quite some pixels to do very related
> things!
There has only been a discussion internally in the HCI team. Feel free
to send your thoughts to either the HCI list or to Jens
(jens(at)typo3org) directly as this is of course not final and we can
discuss a better solution.
I just took Jens' approach from his mockups. I think what he wanted was
to have all the save stuff on the left and all the "not saving it" on
the other side.

Anyway, what I plan for the next weeks is that skin developers can
dynamically arrange the buttons on top through either a HTML Template or
a hook. Stay tuned for that.

Btw.. is anyone for against removing the two dropdowns on the top there
(we are thinking of moving the "Open Documents" to the top frame in the
Cleaner BE anyway) given that the new icons will clearly explain all the
actions on top?

--
greetings,
benni.