[TYPO3-core] RFC: Splitting CMS-TCA into several files (clean up)

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Thu Nov 29 14:06:05 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Malte Jansen wrote:
>> Creating a file "tablename.php" foreach table in a new subfolder "tca".
>
> I afraid the answer is "no". I made profiling some time ago and found
> that the more separate TCA files exists, the more time it takes to
> parse. When they are all in one file, it is faster.
>
> If anyone interested, serializaed versions of TCA array will take up to
> 10 times faster to load.
>
> Splitting does not add any new feature but increases processing time. It
> is already not that good, no need to increase it.

Hi,

It should not increase the processing time. It should get faster,
because now you have two TCA-files (tt_content and the rest) which are
load dynamically. But the file 'dynamicConfigFile' =>
t3lib_extMgm::extPath($_EXTKEY).'tbl_cms.php' is called several times.
So  all tca-configs are read for every table. So should be slower...

So if we split them to several files, the importent part has only to be
read. So it should be faster...

Cheers,

Malte