[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6173 Conditional Requirment for Fields in BE-Forms

Malte Jansen mail at maltejansen.de
Thu Nov 29 11:41:16 CET 2007

Hi Steffen,

> i really like your idea, but reading your doc i didn't understood. Eg. i
> don't got relations with required check - which one?

The easiest way to understand is test the extension and see the its tca.

Perhaps there should be a new chapter/section for this part.
Perhaps some more speaking example are better than the Syntax...
Perhaps my version is a little bit to technic...

New Key
$TCA[$table]["columns"]['field']['config']['requiredCond'] = '';

You can create any condition/requirement/field in it.

$TCA[$table]["columns"][$field]['config']['eval'] = 'required';
This value will be transformed to the new syntax (!field) and will be
added to the requiredCond. So you can you it, but you also can directly
added this part to the requiredCond. Than you don't need the
required-eval-parameter.

> but i will check it out next days to see what happens.

You should not wait to long, because if there are changes in the
tceforms, it often does not work any more.

So apply the patch, checkout the extension creating a record does not
take as long ;)

Cheers,

Malte