[TYPO3-core] RFC: Clipboard copy/move (#2936, #5613)

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Nov 27 14:13:35 CET 2007

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
> Hi Bernhard,
>
> Bernhard Kraft schrieb:
>> I'll post a message to HCI list and wait till tomorrow late evening
>> (about 21:00 CET) - if noone vetos I'll put it into SVN.
>
> What was the result?

Post >> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-hci/2007-November/001990.html
Screen >> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-hci/attachments/20071122/754f3d37/attachment-0001.png

I would accept having a "radio" button next to each icon.

But only the icons are a "no-no" for me ... they just cause confusion again. Even if you blur
one of them (the "not-active") it's not really a step forward in usability.

TYPO3 is no desktop application so we do not have to follow rules used there ... (I know that
in windows sometimes inactive options are just blurred or "grayed out").

I got a +1 from Martin and Steffen - so if there are no objections I will commit this change
today in the late evening (about 22:00) - I think it will take some time until the complete new
clipboard has been developed far enough by Benni and Jens. But of course I would take care of
this task when they come up with a nice good concept. (The current is always looking very promising.
Except those two icons for selecting cut-copy which this whole mess is about :( )

(Read Martins post carefully !!! He tought about this problem for about a year and I guess he already
had the idea of having two different icons (Did you have this idea Martin?) - But I guess the drop
down has most pros compared to the cons:

Pros:
* Current state is easily visible
* No need for alt or title tags on "mouseover" to get current state/status
* Easy change of current state/status
* User friendly :)

Cons:
* Takes a lot of space (which is not sparse required there :)

PS: I added Jens to my skype contact list - i do not have the skype name of benni. Could someone
please tell benni that he should contact me ? (skype: kraftb). We three (Jens, Benni, an myself)
could then talk about a "better" implementation of the clipboar. But until then I think my solution
is the best available and ready-to go.

greets,
Bernhard