[TYPO3-core] RFC #- buffer output for debug function

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Sun Nov 25 12:57:18 CET 2007

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
>> Hi Steffen,
>>
>> this RFC has no corresponding bug report. Please add it, so that we can
>> properly track the changes.
>>
>> +1 based on reading the code and the ob_start() documentation.
>
> Did you notice the stackability of those buffers? Starting a new output
> buffer by calling debug() might result in unexpected behaviour for other
> code using buffers.

I don't think so, because if someone does an
  ob_start()
  and some time later an
  ob_get_contents()
the behavior of the stack is not different if we would've done an
additional ob_start() at the very beginning which is flushed
automatically at the very end.

The only problem occurs if someone uses debug() *inside* a stacked OB,
but that problem could be fixed by checking if we're inside any OBing
when debug() is executed. Steffen, could you add that check to your patch?

cheers
Ingmar

--
Ingmar Schlecht