[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6826: Remove "Show Description for Fields" checkbox in alt_doc.php

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Sat Nov 24 22:04:20 CET 2007

Hey,

this is a SVN patch request!

Branches: Trunk only!

BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6826

Problem:
Right now we have two places in the BE for a user to show the Help of
backend fields:
* In the User => Setup module
- Activate CSH Help - options: "None", "Help Icon", "Full Description"
- This help activated the help for all Backend fields.
* In alt_doc.php, you can activate a checkbox on the bottom
- This help shows all field descriptions for the TCEforms and is only
visible if the CSH help is not set to "Full Description".

Solution:
I propose to remove the alt_doc.php option (#2). Of course this will
reduce some functionality, but I think we can do this change because
only a few people use this feature anyway. And if these people really
need guidance in the Backend, they should use the User => Setup feature
to display all help.

Notes:
* I think: The user has too many options to set this feature. usually
people only use it once. If the 5% of the users who use it know that
it's in the User => Setup, they will use that module more often, which
is good IMHO.
* The attached patch removes the checkbox and changes to places in
alt_doc.php to use the status from the BE_user.

--
greetings,
benni.

www.xnos.de // www.xnos.org