[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #5530: Hook in TCEmain after all database operations

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Sat Nov 24 21:10:51 CET 2007

Hi,

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>> To me it seems it would be better to realease TYPO3 more often (eg 10
>> months instead of 14), than start the add-new-feature-policy-discussion
>> again and again. If I look at PHP I shudder. Features creep in any time,
>> so you have not to as for 5.1.x but for 5.1.2 or 5.1.7 etc which really
>> sucks.
>
> Hmm, what's wrong with checking for > 4.1.4 for using a hook and fall
> back to XCLASSes for lower versions in an extension?
>
> I think we can live with a -1 for this hook in 4.1, but I would like to
> come back to this topic at the next core dev meeting (developer days in
> may 2008).

It's pity that hooks don't get into stable branch. But we've set up
these rules and also have to apply them. The problem is that there are
some delimited and simple new features and possibilities, but the only
way for extension developers to use and deliver them to clients is to
use an alpha release or a Trunk revision. I guess it'll happen, that
4.1.x releases will get patched which is nearly the same as committing
it to the 4.1 branch - but without the official character of a release.

XCLASSes aren't a real solution if you think about multiple XCLASSes by
different extensions for the same file. And TCEmain is a hot candidate
for that. But this isn't new and you all knew that before. So, let's
discuss this at the next core dev meeting again...

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/