[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6823 Remove "Disable RTE" checkbox in alt_doc.php

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Sat Nov 24 18:49:22 CET 2007

Hey all,

this is a SVN patch request.

Branches: Trunk only

BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6823

Problem:
Right now we have two (actually three) places in the BE for a user to
disable the editing of fields with the RTE.
* In the User => Setup module
* In the alt_doc.php while editing a document which only shows up if the
User => Setup one is active.
* When editing a "tt_content" Text CType record for having a special
option for a specific record, this is a flag in the DB table.

Solution:
I propose to remove the alt_doc.php option (#2) .
The user has too many options to set this feature. usually people only
use it once. If the 5% of the users who use it know that it's in the
User => Setup, they will use that module more often, which is good IMHO.

Notes:
* The attached patch removes the checkbox and changes to places in
alt_doc.php to use the status from the BE_user.
* This is another patch in the project "Cleaner Backend".

Enjoy!

--
greetings,
benni.