[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature Request #5530: Hook in TCEmain after all database operations

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Sat Nov 24 15:21:48 CET 2007

This is a SVN patch request.

Problem:
On modifying more than one record in the back-end (e.g. using IRRE) it
might happen that a hook is needed after everything was written to the
storage. The existing hook "processDatamap_afterDatabaseOperations" gets
called after each single record has been stored.

Solution:
Integrate a new hook "processDatamap_afterAllOperations" which gets
called at the end of TCEmain's method processDatamap.

Comments:
This hook was requested by developers of the tx_seminar extension. In
the TYPO3 bugtracker is a patch for the SVN trunk of tx_seminars on
typo3xdev which allows one to test this feature.
I propose to commit this patch also for the TYPO3 4.1 branch. I know
that new features aren't allowed there, but if the majority votes for
having it in TYPO3 4.1.4 and the chief of 4.1 development (Ingmar
Schlecht) agrees, maybe it could be committed there as well.

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5530

Branches: TYPO3_4-1 (see comments), Trunk

olly
--
Oliver Hader
http://inpublica.de/