[TYPO3-core] RFC: #6777 Introducing site constants

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed Nov 21 12:41:08 CET 2007

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote: on 21.11.2007 09:32:

> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Feature:
>> It's very comfortable to define important constants of a website in
>> one place to use them all over TYPO3.
>> Please have a look to the screenshot to get the idea.
>
> You cannot do anything with site title. It is hard-coded to use
> sitetitle field of template record.
>
> Otherwise - not a bad idea I think. However, just defining constants
> does not help much unless they are used somewhere.

I see a good potential here, especially for the constants regarding
email adresses, as those are usually a "pain" to configure if you have
dozens of different extensions which want to send emails. Having a
default value which every extension can use (e.g. sr_feuser_register,
newloginbox, etc) would make the task of configuring that (or letting
the customer configure that) much easier.

The time and date-format for FE-output is also very useful.

Only the "meta-information" about a site (site description, copyright)
are not very useful in this place, as they are used only "once" (meta
tags?).

So trying to have a central place to configure "common options" that
every extension might need is very good.

So currently +0 on that, waiting for some more comments.

Cheers,
Ernesto