[TYPO3-core] RFC: Splitting CMS-TCA into several files (clean up)

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Nov 21 09:30:32 CET 2007

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> How should a clean caching mechanism work if it isn't implemented
> consistently?

What do you mean?

> BTW, are we talking about the small version (ie ctrl) or the full
> version? I can image one file for the basics and one file per table for
> the full definition.

I had the same questions this morning :) It is not really worth to serialize ctrl-only because that section is really small. But serializing the rest would be difficult because tca.php may include also other code. I thought something like this will work in tca.php:

if (!t3lib_div::loadSerializedTCA('tx_myext_table')) {
	$TCA['tx_myext_table'] = array(
	);
	t3lib_div::storeSerializedTCA('tx_myext_table');
}

Or it may be a new entry in ctrl section for dynamicSerializedConfigurationFile (or whatever it is called). System may attempt to load that (if exists) and if not successful, go and load tca.php. This will be more efficient but will not include tca.php (and skip any non-TCA code in it).

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team