[TYPO3-core] RFC: Splitting CMS-TCA into several files (clean up)

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Nov 20 17:49:37 CET 2007

Benjamin Mack schrieb:
> Hey Masi,
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> Remindes me of my old idea to get rid of
>> temp_CACHED_NNNNN_ext_tables.php and move to serialized arrays. But I
>> thought of using on file per table as well so that the FE can load the
>> TCA easily on a per table basis.
 >
> Could you take care this before the next alpha, masi? That would be
> terrific!

But beware, there is of course a catch. The current format allows for total
flexbility as the PHP code is executed every time. After the change it
would be a run once operation. This means good-bye to some kind of hacky
on-the-fly TCA manipluations *. To me this seems good, but some may cry.
For those I suggest we add a post-load hook for TCA loading. But I really
see no point in manipulating (ie changeing) at every hit.

Masi

* I have planned to use two caches, one for BE the other for the FE.