[TYPO3-core] RFC: Another hook request for db_list (#6738)

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Nov 20 16:30:54 CET 2007

Ingo Renner wrote:

> * please rename t3lib_localRecordList_makeClip to
> t3lib_localRecordList_makeClipHook and also the file accordingly, this
> will make sure that one can find them easier as I hope to introduce more
> interfaces not only for hooks where it makes sense.
>
> * here both mehtods concern one task (do they really do?) so that I'd
> put them into a single interface

done.

According to you postings in the thread:
"RFC: Interface classes/files"

I moved the interface class to:

typo3/interfaces/

> * $cells['view_big'] => $cells['viewBig'], $cells['move_up'] =>
> $cells['moveUp'], $cells['move_down'] => $cells['moveDown'], ...

done.

> * the second parameter in throw new Exception should be the current unix
> timestamp at the time you wrote that time (roughly) This will make sure
> to easily find the place where the exception was thrown (apart from the
> stack trace) as it seems to be unlikely that two devs will create a hook
> at the exact same second. The timestamp you used is from Thursday ...

done.
I didn't use the exact same timestamp - but rather only added 5 seconds for
each hook :)

> * wouldn't it be better/cleaner/easier to understand if the methods
> wouldn't change the $cells array through a reference and instead return
> a new one (or in case they do not implement both methods they'd just
> return the original without change)

done for all hooks where this comes into consideration

> * when making it possible to change these icons/actions I'd like to also
> see another method:
>
> There's an extension from Michael Feinbier that adds such an action to
> ve_guestbook comments to (un)mark them as spam and report them to some
> webservice by using an xclass. Now clicking each spam comment is a
> tedious task. When switching to clipboard 1 f.e. you get checkboxes to
> mark multiple records so that you can copy them all at a single click on
> the copy icon on top of the table.

Done. You now have the possibility to change each of the clipboard icons
in a table-header-row. And additinally each of the header-row columns(cells).

So you can easily add a new icon next to the "New record" icon of a table.
Or next to the clipboard icons shown for a table.

PS: Send a mail to my personal address containing the bugtracker# or core-list
mail links of some patches requiring review - i will take time to review 1 or 2
patches today in the evening. Hoping some people give their +1 to one of my last
pending patches:

http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6738
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=5613 (in cooperation with oliver)

greets,