[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6770: Implement option to use different Flexform Datastructures per type field value

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Tue Nov 20 11:04:25 CET 2007

"Ingmar Schlecht" <ingmar at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1195520553.17339.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: New feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6770
>
> Branch: trunk
>
> Problem:
> Currently it's not possible to make tceforms use different Flexform
> datastructures for the pi_flexform field based on the Content Type
> (CType) of the tt_content table because the plugin field ("list_type")
> is already defined to be the ds_pointerfield in this case.
>
> However, to have Flexform configuration for the "table" and "login"
> Content Elements as well, it is necessary to optionally define different
> DataStructures per CType.
>
> Solution:
> Introduces the new TCA option "ds_altSrcPointer_perType" to flexform
> fields.
>
> The patch also patches css_styled_content to use that new option instead
> of overriding the whole "default" DS key (which it used to do!).
>
> Notes:
> This patch is a necessary precondition for the newloginbox core
> integration currently being done by Steffen Kamper.
>
> Documentation of the new property is attached as a text file.
>
> cheers
> Ingmar
>
> --
> Ingmar Schlecht
> TYPO3 Association Active Member

+1 for finding a solution on this. I had this problem every time when using
flexform for "New Content Element".

With Ingmars patch inclusion of flexform would look like:

$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['pi_flexform']['config']['ds_altSrcPointer_perType']['login']
= 'CType:login';
$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['pi_flexform']['config']['ds']['CType:login']
= 'FILE:EXT:'.$_EXTKEY.'/flexform.xml';

which looks really plausible.

vg  Steffen