[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #6770: Implement option to use different Flexform Datastructures per type field value

Martin Kutschker Martin.Kutschker at n0spam-blackbox.net
Tue Nov 20 10:39:11 CET 2007

Ingmar Schlecht schrieb:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: New feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6770
>
> Branch: trunk
>
> Problem:
> Currently it's not possible to make tceforms use different Flexform
> datastructures for the pi_flexform field based on the Content Type
> (CType) of the tt_content table because the plugin field ("list_type")
> is already defined to be the ds_pointerfield in this case.
>
> However, to have Flexform configuration for the "table" and "login"
> Content Elements as well, it is necessary to optionally define different
> DataStructures per CType.
>
> Solution:
> Introduces the new TCA option "ds_altSrcPointer_perType" to flexform fields.

I see the problem and I stumbled upon it also, but I don't like the solution.

My proposal: extend the syntax for ds_pointerField.

The new syntax is 'type1:subtype1[,type2:subtype2 ...]'. Within the
flexform the key is type:subtype with an excpetion for the first type.
Subtypes of the very first type can be set in the data structure without
the type (to be compatible).

If a type has no subtypes the subtype part may be empty in ds_pointerField.
In the DS it has to be 'type:' or mabe 'type:*'.

Such "magic first elements" are already there in other parts of the TCA,
first table of the list of allowed tables.

Masi