[TYPO3-core] FYI: fixed corrupt xml language file

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Tue Nov 20 10:36:45 CET 2007

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> typo3/sysext/lang/locallang_mod_doc.xml was zero length and as a result
> broke translation process. I restored this file to its last correct
> version. It must stay as is even though there is no old "Doc" module.
> This is translation proces requirement.
>
> *Notices*:
> 1. Language files (even obsolete!) may not and must not be removed or it
> will break translation process.

This sounds like a bug in the translation system then: A candadate for
Mario's list of improvements.

> 2. Labels may not be removed or significally altered because all TYPO3
> versions share the same translations. I.e. you cannot change value of
> "my_delete" label from "Delete page" to "Delete content element" because
> it will affect translations in all previous TYPO3 versions too!

If a label is removed, the translation system should keep the
translations of the removed label nevertheless to stay compatible with
old versions. (I'll forward this mail to Mario)

cheers
Ingmar

--
Ingmar Schlecht