[TYPO3-core] Tabbed menus as a separate class file

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Sun Nov 18 18:59:12 CET 2007

Tapio Markula schrieb:
> Martin Kutschker
>>
>> Though we could for BE only scripts use script loader code in files at
>> the current position and move the real code into t3lib/js.
>>
>> The restriction to BE is because BE requires new Javascript and FE may
>> work on older browser.
> IE 6.0, FF 1.x and some orhter as old browsers is enough
>
> I don't renamed function names but renamed js-file - that is intended
> now to put own folder.

Sorry I was unclear here. I meant that in FE the JS code has to work
with older browser tat don't support loading of JS file via JS. I did
not talk about renaming of functions.

My idea was to turn all current t3lib/xxx.js files into stubs and move
them into t3lib/js/. Works like this (for backwards compatibility):

function myloaderfunction() {
  var el = document.createElement("script");
  el.src = "typo3/js/xxx.js";
  el.type = "text/javascript";
  document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(el);
}

if (window.addEventListener) {
  window.addEventListener('load', myloaderfunction, false);
} else if (window.attachEvent){
   window.attachEvent("onload", myloaderfunction);
} else {
   // ouch! won't work on old browsers incl. IE on Mac
}

In 4.3 we can remove the stubs because we announce it explicitly that we
are about to move some files.

Problem: the files ar now loaded after the body has loaded. So anyone
including the stubs via the HTML script tag may be surprised that the
file's content isn't available instantly as it might be expected.

Masi