[TYPO3-core] RFC: Interface classes/files

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Nov 17 17:41:41 CET 2007

Hi !

This is an RFC.

Question:
Should we move all interfaces-definitions of one file/class into one
file again - or should we have a single file for each single interface.

For example currently already one interface for the class "localRecordList"
defined in "typo3/class.db_list_inc.php" exists:

t3lib/interfaces/interface.t3lib_localrecordlistgettablehook.php

there are 2 concerns:

** 1 **  Why the filename "interface.t3lib_localrecordgetlistgettablehook.php" the
class in which this interface is used "typo3/class.db_list_extra.php" has nothing
to do with "t3lib" - shouldn't it be "interface.typo3_localrecordlist..." ???
Or is t3lib added there cause the interface classes reside in t3lib directory ???

** 2 ** Should we rename the interface-file from "interface.t3lib_localrecordlistgettablehook.php"
to "interface.t3lib_localrecordlist.php" ... meaning that this interface-file contains all interfaces
used in "class.db_list_extra.php" - which defines the class "localRecordList" ????
--> else we would end up with one single file for each hook ...

** 3 ** If we decide to not move all interfaces into one file (**2**) we should at least
rename "interface.t3lib_localrecordlistgettablehook.php" into "interface.t3lib_localrecordlist_gettablehook.php"
i.e: separating the class-name from the hook-method-name by a "_"

PS: Read my other mail about php-doc + hooks.

greets,
Bernhard