[TYPO3-core] RFC: Cleanup #6713: Remove "text_properties" etc. from tt_content table

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Fri Nov 16 01:48:19 CET 2007

Hello Steffen :-)
Steffen Kamper wrote:

> Hi Uschi,
>
> you're the first i know using this :-)
Well, they are safely hidden away by css_styled_content, and detected
only by those of us, who are trying to learn typoscript by exploring the
ins and outs of csc ;-)

In general, I do think that this is the wrong list to ask whether or not
these fields are used. The english main list would be better. Since
there quite a few people won't know about these fields, it is perhaps
better to ask a question: Does the Frames list give you enough
flexibility to modify content output or do we need two or more layout
related fields?

> I don't see a problem if these options would go to an extension, then it
> could used as before, but i don't see it in general core as it is to
> specific and seldom used, just to get "standard" Content element bit smaller
> and cleaner, would that be an option?

For myself, yes. Meanwhile I know how to write a small ext, that adds
fields to a table, but I did not do so, because I saw that there are
some I could use for that purpose and did not want to blow up the
tt_content table even more!

> Also Stanislas did a lot on RTE so there a a lot of new options, extension
> now easy can provide own functions with own buttons, so this looks more as a
> good solution for future.
Since I am an RTE addict, I am following *very* closely what Stan
currently does and I love it :-)) But for the problem mentioned here, I
do not think that the RTE is a good solution. The reasons I mentioned in
my posting above, and there are some more.

Uschi