[TYPO3-core] RFC: Cleanup #6713: Remove "text_properties" etc. from tt_content table

Stanislas Rolland stanislas.rolland at fructifor.ca
Thu Nov 15 22:35:59 CET 2007

Francois Suter a écrit :

> Correct me if I'm wrong but all these options can be hidden using
> TCEFORMS. So why remove them forcefully at the expense of breaking
> compatibility? Couldn't we just have them hidden by default?

Right, and there is an extension configuration variable of CSS Styled
Content that disables these fields via PageTSConfig. The variable is set
to 1 by default. CSS Styled Content being a system extension, I guess
not many new installations would use them anymore since TYPO3 4.0. But,
what about older installations?

Maybe CSS Styled Content could remove these fields from the database and
from TCA when the installation variable is enabled (or add them back if
this patch removes them from cms)? Function getProcessedvalue just needs
to be smart enough not to get values for fields that do not exist.

Regards,
Stanislas